Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Summer Fashion Inspiration from 1940's-1970's

Those who know me quite well are aware of my admiration for fashion from previous decades. Lately, I've been doing intense research for some inspiration for my summer wardrobe. I thought it would be fun to share some outfits that I loved. Hope you get a little inspired as well!

1940's
In the summer, I love wearing dresses and skirts. Both are so comfortable to wear during the warmer seasons. When I was researching popular trends during the early 1940's, I noticed how knee-length floral dresses and skirts were a huge trend in the forties. These outfits are just perfect for summer. I  especially found the wedges that the first two ladies pictured below wore were suited stunningly. These outfits are absolutely feminine and classic.



1950's
Again, I love to keep fresh and comfortable during the summer. Personally, jean shorts aren't always flattering for every occasion. I love how stunning shorts and rompers were worn in the fifties. These looks are absolutely classy. I love high waist shorts and I could care less if the style is considered raunchy or not. After looking at these photos, I was in awe. I think outfits like these would look lovely and fresh during the summer!


1960's

Yes, I put the lovely Brigitte Bardot twice! She was a huge style icon in the sixties and evidently one of my favorites.  I love these outfits because they are casual but adorable! All outfits look stunning, comfortable, and again..classic. Perfect for summer. These would cute ideal outfits for a picnic date, lunch date, or just a simple day!



1970's
The seventies were a bit more daring when it came to fashion compared to the previous eras. I think recreating seventies outfits such as these are the most fun! The colors that were popular in the 1970's just scream summer! I'm going to have so much fun with these as my fashion inspirations. These outfits are sexy, fun, and adorable!


Yes, I had to include Bianca Jagger! She's another style icon that I love!

Disclaimer: I located all these photo's on Google search. None of the photos above belong to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment